Jun 10, 2007

Bienvenidos a Miami

If there is one thing that I am well versed to write about, it has to be food. I live for food. In fact, in recent months it has grown to a mild... er... moderate(!!) obsession. But that's not a bad thing, right? Food is important. Right.

Well, with that in mind, I've decided to channel my energies into something productive. Something far-reaching. Something... delicious. A food blog.

Brilliant.

For those few friends that I have yet to tell about my latest thrill. Here it is: The Delicious Life. My inspiration. Sarah, you've got a good thing going there. I hope I can live up to it. :)

So on to the first course! My very first post. It's always a difficult task to get started, but once I get rolling, there ain't no shutting me up. Unless you happen to have pie... mmm. pie.

My very darling friend, Emily, has just informed me of the premiere of the new season of Top Chef, happening this Wednesday. Admittedy, I have never watched the show, but I am a fan of Shear Genius, a sister reality/competition show on the Bravo Networks. She suggested we get together to watch it every week.

What's so special about this season of Top Chef, you might ask? One steamy word: Miami.

Miami. Home of the Hurricanes (the sports team AND the natural phenom), humidity, Gloria Estefan, all things Cuban-American and, most importantly, lil ol' ME.

So I have readily agreed to join the reality band-wagon. I will invest myself in the players. I will root for the underdog. I will scream at the judges when they make a bone-headed decision.

And I will play along. I've decided to *attempt* to put myself through the rigors of the Top Chef competition.

Crazy, you say? Why, yes, I am. But no one loves a good culinary pyrotechnic show more than I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment